Thursday, September 10, 2009

Testimonies - Spiritual Conversations

In response to my blog / e-mail yesterday, one of my ex-cell members in Singapore, who has now grown to be a cell leader, was also excited to share his testimonies of spiritual conversations and connections.

I was so thrilled by his inspiring testimonies and I thought it would be good if I can share them with you. He has allowed me to reproduce his e-mail which is slightly edited to preserve confidentiality.

May you be blessed and inspired ...

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Hi Pastor

Thanks for the sharing and I can envisage the excitement you and your wife had.
I too had an interesting encounter with my office colleague - rather, my landlord.

In one occasion, he asked about cell group and the discussion or spiritual conversation started from there. After about two weeks, I boldly extended an invitation to him to visit my cell group. Today, he is attending the cell group - despite the fact that he is staying at Spanish Village while our cell is some distance away at Yew Tee. There is still a some way to go in terms of spiritual development but I trust that each time he attends the cell group, he will be encouraged and the Word of God will convict him to be more serious with the things of God.

On another occasion, I had the opportunity to work with someone in China who is representing our products. When we first met, he asked if I am a Christian. Soon after that, we chatted more on spiritual matters beyond our work-related conversations. He got baptized recently and what's more, his only colleague also got baptized.

He aims to set up a company in China based on Christ culture. Frequently he would ask for my advice / direction when he is unclear about certain gray issues on business dealing. Meantime whenever I have the chance to travel to Shanghai, I would support him with Christian Chinese reading materials. Recently I managed to link him to a cell group in Shanghai which my Singapore cell group visited on a mission trip some years ago. He is learning to flow with the Spirit and pray in the Spirit.

At the end of the day, when we are willing, the Lord will open the door and opportunities.
Indeed, it brings great satisfaction in being an ambassador for Christ.

Blessings

No comments: