Friday, October 3, 2008
Learning To Relax
One thing I learn in NZ is to learn to relax.
From where I come from, life is fast paced and pressurizing.
It is about getting results.
Children go for tuition and scoring "B" or even "A" in their exams may not be good enough - after all there is "A star."
Work also is performance oriented and intense.
Even church work can get corrupted by the intensity of the work if it affects relationships.
In ministry, we must remind ourselves that achieving results at the expense of relationships will only produce short-term results and gains.
But relationships and love in the relationships will produce the desired fruit / results.
Relationships after all is also the fruit or result.
So RELAX ... and RELATE.
Then it is good to regularly REFRESH ourselves.
I am pleased to take a holiday to the snow capped mountain of Mount Ruapehu and try skiing for the first time (Oct 08).
May there be fruit after that ...
Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Mt 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment